Contact Me Online | Call (503) 439-1124
5 No Fail Energy Boosters
As your Portland Personal Trainer here are 5 energy boosters that will not fail you.
- VITAMIN B12- The more active you are the more B vitamins you need every day. They are crucial for breaking down food into fuel , transporting oxygen throughout the body, and increasing production of red blood cells to keep your muscles functioning properly. Exercising regularly causes you to drain your B vitamins faster than being sedentary.
- MAGNESIUM- Magnesium is one of the most important minerals in the body. Not only does it help regulate calcium, sodium, and potassium, its also important for cellular health, and its a critical component of more than 300 functions in the body. Magnesium deficiency can cause symptoms like insomnia, anxiety, and fatigue. Magnesium rich foods such as green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains are important to include in your diet, but you should supplement with 350 to 400 mg of magnesium daily.
- IRON- Iron is an essential mineral. Its the main component of red blood cells, where it binds with hemoglobin and transports oxygen to cells. Iron is the most common nutritional deficiency in the world, affecting 25 percent of the population. Additionally, vegetarians and vegans have an increased risk of deficiency because they consume only non heme iron, which is not absorbed as well as heme iron, which is found only in animal foods like red meat. Deficiencies include symptoms like tiredness, weakness, and a weakened immune system.
- RHODIOLA- Its a golden root, is a potent adaptogenic herb that provides an antifatigue effect. It helps the body adapt to stress by decreasing hormonal changes tied to prolonged stress. It also may help you increase stamina and endurance by increasing red blood count, delaying fatigue. Take about 250-700 mg per day, split into 2 doses to help fight tiredness.
- ASHWAGANDHA- It is probably the most common and most studied of the adaptogenic herbs. Its found that it benefits the immune,endocrine, and reproductive systems, and it improves our resistance toward stress, a huge cause of fatigue. Chronic stress reduces levels of serotonin, which regulates mood, energy and motivation. As with most herbal supplements, make sure its standardized for human consumption.